What is Fascia:
Fascia is a tough connective tissue that supports, protects and envelops all the structures in our bodies; from the bones and muscles, right down to the cellular level. Physical trauma can cause the fascia to tighten down and reorganize in an attempt to protect the body from further damage. This can create lines of tension that result in symptoms of pain and imbalance.
Myofascial Release, as taught by John F. Barnes, PT, LMT, NCTMB, is a technique that applies gentle, sustained pressure to areas of the body to release these restrictions in the connective tissue. Soft-tissue release may be part of the treatment, as well. The therapist uses skin on skin contact without the use of lotions or oils.
You may experience a tingling or burning sensation. You are actively giving feedback on sensations felt, allowing the therapist to create your body treatment map.
Especially benefits clients with:
- Limited past success with traditional/deep massage
- Scar tissue
- Chronic tightness/tension
- Restricted range of motion at joints such as the shoulder, knee, hip, ankle
- Wear clothes that can move easily such as athletic shorts and, for women, a sports bra or tank top
- Avoid wearing lotion and hand/wrist/neck jewelry?
Can be booked in:
- Spa Massage Room (downstairs)
- Sport Massage Room (upstairs)
Can be booked with: